Milestones Made Possible through donor support...
First-of-Its-Kind Chronic Disease Research Centre (2018)
St. Joseph’s and Lawson Health Research Institute celebrate the opening of the Clinical Research and Chronic Disease Centre, a collaborative research space made possible through donor support.
St. Joseph’s Launches Canadian First Zero Suicide (2016)
Breakfast of Champions raises critical funds through attendees, sponsors and donors to launch the first phase of Zero Suicide at Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care Building.
Historic Chapel Restored (2016)
The 100-year-old chapel established by the Sisters of St. Joseph re-opens, restored to its original glory on the second floor of St. Joseph’s Hospital thanks to a giving community.
St. Joseph’s Ivey Eye Institute launches iSee Program (2015)
Children have access to early detection and treatment of amblyopia (lazy eye) to save their precious sight through donor-supported Ivey Special Eye Examination Services research program.
Parkwood Institute Leaders in Rehabilitation (2013)
Parkwood Institute becomes the first clinical centre in Canada to enhance spinal cord injury rehabilitation with new Lokomat and Ekso Bionic Robot technology funded through donor support.
Milestone Moment for Breast Care Centre (2013)
St. Joseph’s officially names The Norton and Lucille Wolf Breast Care Centre after the generosity of the Wolf family, serving more than 20,000 women and men per year.
State-of-the-Art Operating Rooms (2006)
St. Joseph’s opens the G.A. Huot Surgical Centre thanks to donor support, with 11 new surgical operating rooms, deemed at the time to be the most modern of their kind in North America.
Number of Firsts Using da Vinci Surgical System (2005)
Using a minimally invasive surgical robot purchased through donor gifts, St. Joseph’s urologists perform many firsts, such as bladder reduction and stone removal surgeries.
New Wellness Centre (2004)
Thanks to donor support, residents at Mount Hope cut the ribbon on their new wellness centre, offering programs to enhance independence and personal wellness.
Canada’s First PET/CT Scan (2002)
The first PET/CT scan is performed at St. Joseph’s Hospital made possible through generous donors.
The First Canadian Research Chair of Its Kind (2001)
Parkwood Hospital establishes The Beryl & Richard Ivey Research Chair in Rehabilitation and Geriatric Care as a result of donor gifts.
Largest Grant to Cardiac and General Medicine (1994)
Through donor support, the Foundation is able to allocate the biggest grant to date of $574,000 to cardiac and general medicine units at St. Joseph’s Hospital.
Campaign Raises $2.3M for New West Wing (1959)
The St. Joseph’s research institute, now Lawson Health Research Institute, was a major step forward for medical research in London and region.
New Research Institute Opens (1983)
St. Joseph’s Hospital Building Fund Campaign raises enough money to build the Wellington Wing, which included emergency, intensive care, out-patient, and radiology departments needed for a growing population in London.
Modern Operating Rooms Open (1903)
Special attention was made to planning and designing the finest suites for surgeons and medical students to use at St. Joseph’s Hospital.