Give Today. Inspire Tomorrow.
Did You Know?
Because of your donations...
- 3,351 children were screened through the iSee Vision Screening Research Program with 212 detected to be at risk of lazy eye and referred to an optometrist
- 822 people had access to the lithotripter, a non-invasive treatment for kidney stones that helps people recover quickly and more effectively than conventional surgery
- People with an acquired brain injury can use the Planning and Pacing App on a smartphone to track their daily activities to help them function day to day
- More than 50 patients a day use the physiotherapy gym at Parkwood Institute, working out with new rehabilitative equipment, experiencing acupuncture in comfortable seating and exercising in an inspirational space that encourages recovery
- Researchers in Cognitive Vitality and Brain Health are some of the first in the world to study ways to combat cognitive impairments for the 40% – 65% of people living with multiple sclerosis to enhance their quality of life
- Operational Stress Injury Clinic staff receive training that enhances care for veterans and returning soldiers – with almost half of Canadian soldiers reporting a mental illness or addiction at some point in their lives
- Donor support has helped fuel research, surgical technologies and training led by Dr. Louis Ferreira in the Surgical Mechatronics Lab to enhance care in the Roth McFarlane Hand and Upper Limb Centre.